home about webelieve blogs i love adventures contact

Friday, August 10, 2012

Chocolate Pecan Pie



Here is the recipe to make this decadent rich yummy pie:


Ingredients:
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell I picked one up by Pillsbury, its the rolled doe in a rectangular box
2 cups of pecan halves
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 of dark corn syrup
1 cup of sugar
3 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips (sometimes I leave this out)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425

Cover the bottom of pie crust with pecans




In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter. Add corn syrup, sugar, chocolate. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture into the pie shell over the pecans and place pie dish on a heavy-duty cookie sheet


Bake for 10 minutes on 425 then lower the temperature to 350 and continue to back for an additional 30 minutes or until pie is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.


*I wait for the top part of the pie to brown before I take it out






I love to pair a slice of pecan pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!


This is where I am partying this weekend, linky party style:  


Whipperberry



Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This pie looks delicious. It's making me long for fall. Thanks so much for stopping by posedperfection.blogspot and leaving me a sweet comment about the Chocolate Yummies. I am your newest follower. I hope you'll visit me again and click on my "Follow Me" button to add Posed Perfection to your GFC. Have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Your blog is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I can't wait to work with you on making it a BIG hit. You are totally hilarious and I have a feeling that we are going to get along well. So excited to have a real life blogging friend :) Have a great week hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious pie! My mother loves pecan pie. I may have to try this recipe out for mother's day. :0) Our Simply Create Link party is going on right now. I would love to have you link up, as I'm sure my followers would like to see what you created too. Hope to see you soon!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...