home about webelieve blogs i love adventures contact

Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's for Dinner Thursday

Woah dude. My blogger dashboard looks totally different. Either that or I am logged into the wrong program. Looks cleaner though, less orange more white. I guess we aren't the only ones going through spring cleaning. Change is good though, for realz.

So my friend Cari from church had us over for dinner last week and cooked up a delish meal. On our plate was this brown puffy rice wanna-be look alike grain. I swore it was some sort of rice, it tasted soooo good. As if my husband were reading my thoughts he asked "What kind of rice is this"? So Cari told us all about Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah).


It tastes like rice but better like 342451 times better. It's also packed with protein and loaded with fiber. You can find it at Costco and your local whole foods store. There are dozens of recipes on-line for this. Here is what I did with mine:

I rinsed off the grains and cooked it in my rice cooker. 1 cup of Quinoa with 2 cups of water. I added a little bit of garlic salt.



Served it with mixed veggies, mashed potato and chicken breast.


I'm thinking of whipping up a southwest style quinoa dish with corn, black beans, red onion, tomatoes..mmmm...I'll keep you posted.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Def. keep me posted! That looks delicious. I'm always looking for news ways to make it. Looks like you got it down! (honored you mentioned me)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...