home about webelieve blogs i love adventures contact

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Road Trip-North Carolina Part 2

A 10 hour trip north landed us in Belmont, North Carolina. Belmont is a small town flanked by two rivers. It was so beautiful, peaceful, and quiet {remember, we are city folk, so anything away from noise is peaceful}. The people in town were so kind and hospitable. Our destination for the trip was to go to the National White Water Center. This place was the perfect path for those seeking an adventure (ahem, hubs and I):
 Admission was affordable. The admission price for 2 people was the price of one ticket to Disney. There are different adventures you can do. Hubs and I are both over-achievers so we did white water rafting, zip-lining, mountain biking, rock climbing, jumped off a 46-foot tower (controlled free fall) all in a day, a looong day. Then we wondered why we were so sore the next day. Then I remembered why.


 




 






 


I would have posted pictures of me rock climbing, however, my butt looks huge and I don't want to frighten anyone.
We had such a blast here. I never thought I had it in me to do some of these things. In the middle of riding the 2200 ft. zip line I started to cry. I couldn't believe that I actually went with it. It was exhilarating! The best part is that it is family friendly and have great things for kiddos to do too. We were impressed by the staff and their extensive training. If you are looking for a different kind of trip to go to, I recommend this place!
Thanks for zipping by (haha, I had to)
5000 Whitewater Center Parkway | Charlotte, NC 28214 | 704.391.3900

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time. I love our trips to the mountains possibly more than the beach. Rafting is our favorite!
    Have a great weekend!
    Rachel
    Mafamilledetrois.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..lucky you!! looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...