home about webelieve blogs i love adventures contact

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Books

I love to read. And yes, I am a Twi-hard and sooo proud of it. My husband pokes fun at me (but I got him to watch Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, which he reportedly admitted to liking). I am totally Team Jacob and so wanting to go to a Twilight convention...wanna go?





Anyway, my latest read has totally captivated my attention this past week and is totally up there with Twilight (sorry Jacob). My 13 year old neice Amanda let me borrow her Hunger Games tri-logy series and I could not put this down. I totally recommend-The movie comes out March 23rd, but reading the books will totally give you a better understanding and appreciation for what the big screen offers.

So what is the series about: I'll give you an overview:

The Hunger Games takes place after the destruction of North America in a nation known as Panem. Panem consists of a wealthy Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts.
As punishment for a previous rebellion, one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 from each district are selected by annual lottery to participate in the Hunger Games, a televised event in which the participants (or "tributes") must fight to the death in a dangerous outdoor arena controlled by the Capitol, until only one remains.

 a total nail biter





Now there is a problem. I have finished reading the series and I don't know what to read next. Any recommendations you may have? Please drop me a comment, what are your favorite books and authors? What should I read now?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...