home about webelieve blogs i love adventures contact

Monday, March 26, 2012

Festival

One thing I like about living in Orlando is that we are surrounded by so many cultures. You get to meet people of all types of ethnicity's. This past weekend the Arab American Community Center held an Arab festival down in Lake Eola. Lake Eola is beautiful, it is a popular destination in downtown Orlando. It has beautiful surroundings, an amphitheater, swan rides, restaurants and  a great place for a romantic walk.

Manny and I thought it would be neat to go to the Arab festival. We had so much fun and the weather was GORG!
I also learned that 840,000 Colombians are from Lebanese decent. Time to crack down on my Genealogy.

There were dozens of vendors, from food to traditional dress, jewelry, fabrics and art. This was the place to be. Oh and the music was awesome.




















 









{me trying to belly dance..it ain't happening}

If you are ever in the Central Florida Area and want to chill like the locals, you must visit Lake Eola. On the weekends they have a Farmers Market and you can score many interesting things from local vendors and designers. Oh and I totally encourage you to go to these cultural events in your local community.

Lake Eola
195 N. Rosalind Ave
Orlando, FL 32803

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great post and great pictures! I love this about Orlando too! :) I'm bummed I missed this, I would have love to have gone. I'll be on the look out for the next one. Love Lake Eola.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...