home about webelieve blogs i love adventures contact

Thursday, March 29, 2012

What's for Dinner Thursday

I have a weak spot for Mexican food. Hubs especially. So when I told him we were having tacos for din he was a happy man. I love making tacos at home. The spices brings such a delicious aroma in the kitchen and I can't help but sneak a bite or two along the way.

I like to make a side of spanish rice when we do taco night. I use the Vigo brand black beans and rice, chopped cilantro, red onion, corn and cook it all in my rice cooker.



 
I do not like handling raw chicken (we used to have chickens growing up...so traumatized maybe?). I am trying to get over this because hubs likes chicken. I cheated and used canned chicken (the kirkland brand from Costco) and seasoned it with chicken taco seasoning, lime and a little bit of garlic salt. I put it all in a pan with about 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.



Easy Peasy and took about 25 min. Do you do taco night? Let me know what seasonings you use!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Mexican food is my favorite, I could eat it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I especially love the hole-in-the wall mexican restaurants...yum-o-!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...