home about webelieve blogs i love adventures contact

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Road Trip-Marco Island

I am originally from Long Island, NY--my parents are Colombian. However, I have been in Florida for 24 years-so really....I'm a Floridian.

My husband grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah, and when we went last year....I fell in love. I love the green mountains, red rock and rich soil. Florida is meh. Its humid, my hair is always poofy and it does not go hand-in-hand with my modest style of threads-(I prefer scarves, boots, layered cardigans and massive accessories).


There are a few things I do appreciate about Florida though, I love that we are literally at least 4-8 hours from Tropical Paradise. And while this is a top destination for vacationers, I think sometimes I take for granted what this little peninsula has to offer.


Last week my hubs whisked me away to a Tropical Paradise known as Marco Island. It is southwest of the state facing the gulf of Mexico. It only took us 3 1/2 hours to get there. We stayed at the Marco Ocean Beach Resort . It was so amazing, my favorite part about it was that it felt so exclusive. It is quiet and private.

We stayed in this awesome suite equiped with a full kitchen (this was a total budget saver because we packed several snacks and things to make)



 




One night we ate where the locals go at this fresh Seafood waterside joint called Snook Inn, its located right off of Marco River
(and thats hubs waiving me over because I was taking too long to adjust my settings...oops)

 

Totally a great atmosphere with live entertainment too--island music, the kind that makes you feel like swaying side-to-side...but not too far to the side because you'll fall into the river...




The next morning we walked over to the Marriott next door because we heard they had a steller breakfast buffet. A little pricey but totally worth it ($20 per person).


During our stay we traveled to Old Naples and shopped at the local boutiques there--problem is that we took our small digital camera on that part of the trip and I left the charger along with the cord thingie that uploads pictures at the hotel, I totally forgot to pack it.....so as soon as I get my hands on one, I'll upload to share. On my new fabulous Nikon p500 hubbs got for me for Christmas (and im still learning to use), I had a few snapshots of other randoms we did on our tripski. (lately ive been adding -ski at the end of some words..try it...its fun)





We loooooooove Mexican food. So when we came across this Mexican restaurant on our mini getaway we haaaad to stop



Hands down the best shrimp I've had! And a much needed vacation!



Marco Island Beach Resort
480 South Collier Boulevard
Marco Island, FL 34145

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...